Editors Choice: Jurassic Park: The Lost World

Jurassic Park redefined special effects and changed the way everyone looked at summer blockbusters when it was released in 1993. A sequel to Jurassic Park was surely to happen. In 1997, 4 years after the first movie, Jurassic Park: The Lost World happened. The first two movies were based on Novel with the same name written by Michael Crichton.
The Lost World was just re-released on Blu-ray a couple months ago and I had get my own copy of those beautiful delicacies. I relived my childhood by watching The Lost World everyday until school began.
The Lost World has been rated as the worst movie in the series and how it was a horrible choice on Steven Spielberg’s side, but this movie is greatly underrated.
The Lost World begins with a little girl getting attacked in Site B, where the dinosaurs are born and raised a bit before they were supposed to be transferred to the park. John Hammond (Richard Attenborough), newly turned naturalist, got together a group of people to document the dinosaurs before Ingen, a Bioengineering company that wants to exploit the dinosaurs, brings dinosaurs back to the mainland.
Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum), doesn’t like this idea and says he goings to contact the rest of the group to not go. That’s when he finds out that his girlfriend Sarah Harding (Jullianne Moore) is already on the island.
The crew faces tons of tragedies that lead to the destruction of Dr.Malcolm’s and Ingen’s equipment.
The animated dinosaurs and the robotic dinosaurs have greatly improved visually since the last instalment.
My favourite scene in The Lost World is the camp site scene. The T-Rex peeks its head into Sarah Harding’s tent, when a group member of Ingen yells and frightens the T-Rex. That is when the T-Rex gives 3 violent roars that I love to hear and are a major reason why this movie is so magnificent.
I love this movie more than any other movie. I could watch this movie every day if I had a chance to.
If you haven’t seen The Lost World, watch it as soon as possible. If you have already seen the Jurassic Parks, the Blu-ray editions are great because they look amazing and they also comes with a digital copy.