May the OS be ever in your favor

Close up on Osmans choice, the Apple MacBook Air.
Osman Samayoa
Close up on Osman’s choice, the Apple MacBook Air.

Javier’s Pick: B6 Toshiba Ultrabook

There is a new breed of laptops that I really began to like that Intel calls Ultrabooks. The designs of these laptops can be compared to that of Apple’s Macbook Air. The ultrabooks are super lightweight, thin, and have a long battery life. Most of these cost around or less than $1000, less than the comparable Macbook.
My Ultrabook choice would be the 13-inch B6 Toshiba. Weighing in at 2.4 pounds, it is the lightest laptop on our list, even being compared to most netbooks. Its size does not mean it will have weak performance. The only downside I would say is the cramped keyboard. If you were to type a lot or have huge fingers, that might bother you.
Costing less and having more options to customize the operating system, this computer is the better choice for those who need a computer for college. You will be able to do things that any Mac would be able to do and more. The more computer options it has, you will have an easier time finding the computer that meets your needs.
Also, because of its lower cost, you will be able to spend the extra money on whatever you need for college. This type of computer is just getting off. Be prepared to see a lot more Ultrabooks in the coming months.

Osman’s Pick: MacBook Air
Apple always innovates their computers, making them better than before! My computer choice would be the MacBook Air. It weighs 2.5 pounds with an amazing retina display that will allows you to watch videos and movies in High Definition. It also comes with the most advanced operating system, OS X Lion,  making your life better than ever.
It comes in two sizes, 11 inches and 13 inches. The 13’ will weigh a little more. You can choose how much memory your laptop comes with, the less memory you choose the less it will cost. It starts with 64 gigabytes, but can go up to 256 gigabytes.
The 11’ MacBook Air might be too small for many users, so I recommend buying the 13’ because it will allow you to browse the internet with a bigger screen and with a better view. It comes with a front facing camera that allows you to FaceTime with other MacBooks. Making it easier to catch up with your friends even if they are far away. With the new OS (operating system) Apple gave the MacBooks the ability to message iPods, iPhones, and iPads with iMessage.
This is the best laptop computer for any new college student since it comes with hundreds of features that will make you collge year entertaining and productive.
May the OS be ever in your favor
You are going to college and you need a computer, but when you go to a store like Best Buy or Target you might be confused with the details of those laptops on display.
When it comes to picking the best laptop, you have to be sure it meets your perspectives.
Do you like to play games on your computer? Do you like taking pictures and editing them?
Each individual computer has different features that make it unique.
Everything will depend on how much memory your laptop has, how much RAM, and how long the battery life is. If you want your computer to be fast, you should get one that has a lot of RAM. What is RAM you may ask?RAM stands for “Random Access Memory;” it is the memory you used daily when you surf the web, watch videos, and open new applications. The more you have of it, the faster your laptop will be.
Another  important part of laptops is the storage space. If you like to download a lot, then you will need a hard drive with a lot of memory to store all the downloaded information. The more hard drive space the more you will be able to store.
Also, the heavier the laptop the less portable it will be. If you think that you are going to be carrying your computer all over campus then you might have to think about the weight before you purchase a laptop. Choosing a laptop is like choosing your life partner. Get informed before you spend your precious money.