Nintendo Releasing a New Console

Nintendo Releasing a New Console

By: Cassie Rodas

Nintendo has been working on a new gaming console in which they hope to release next year. As known, the Wii U was released only 2 years ago and so far, it has not been doing so well.  It has been said on IGN that it may be a bridge between the Wii U and 3ds. In the past, Nintendo released 3 consoles at once, the Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, and the DS. This was a bridge between handheld and home set consoles. There has been discussions on whether this new console could be an all-in-one device, meaning that it could be a handheld as well as a console. There has even been assumptions that the code name NX may stand for Nintendo Crossover. People have been questioning whether Nintendo is making a good choice by releasing this new console so quickly.

“I believe that they are jumping the gun,” Sergio Sanchez, a 17yr old senior, stated. He believes that they should wait at least another year so that fans could get a better graspnintendo-nx at the Wii u. Andrew Mendoza, a Pre Cal and Geometry teacher, feels a bit disappointed by the fact that they did not do such a good job at promoting the Wii U. He wonders if the NX is an upgrade of the Wii U. Sergio and Mendoza had an agreement on the fact that this sudden action will hurt the fan base of the people who own a Wii U.

Every system that gets released has its own unique quality that separates itself from previous systems. Mendoza makes a remark about Nintendo exploring through the mobile market. He wonders if they will be doing a combination between the two possible systems. Sergio is hoping for them to focus more on the Co-op gameplay by pushing further on the WiFi. Instead of just having game plays be worldwide, they should also be local. “Perhaps they will do a mix-and-match between the two options” states Sergio.

With every console that gets released, new games get released as well. It is obvious to see that over the years, the graphics getnintendo-NX (2) improved. Sergio believes that Nintendo will not be creating necessarily new games for the NX. He says that they will be rather unique since they are very dedicated to the animations. He also believes that there should be improvements on the gimmicks on how the system allows the gamer to play. Mendoza agrees with the idea that Nintendo will be working more on the graphics for it seems to be an expectation from this point. He enjoys the games they have already created such as Smash Bros and Mario games. He explains that they will keep making the same quality of games just like how they are already working on another Fox and Legend of Zelda game; nevertheless, he believes that they probably will create a few new games just like they created Splatoon for the Wii U.

There has been a lot of development on the 3ds (with the 2ds being an exception) which have been attracting gamers to want more from that hand held system. Seems as though all of the attention goes to the Wii/Wii U and the 3ds. However, now that a completely new system is going to be released a question arises; will Nintendo abandon the Wii U and/or 3ds? Mendoza believes that  eventually they will abandon the systemnintendo-nx-will-not-replace-wii-u-3dss but they will be making a crossover of the three systems at some point. Sergio, on the other hand, believes that they will abandon the Wii U but not the 3ds. He sees that the 3ds has a lot more potential and capability within it so it will just keep expanding.

Both Sergio and Mendoza are curious towards the outcomes of the Nintendo NX. There is still some time to pass for gamers to find out what this mysterious new system will really be like. Perhaps it will be a great success or just another mistake for Nintendo to learn from.