The Zodiac Signs

Many people don’t know what their zodiac sign is or what it symbolizes. The zodiac signs were based on the star constellations and predict a person’s personality. The signs also are assigned in the elect groups; fire, earth, air, and water.The twelve zodiac signs correspond to people by the month and day they were born on.

Aries: (Mar 21-Apr 19) Fire sign

Aries or the “Ram” is the signs astrological symbol in which it represents it’s fiery personality. The Aries-born people are one of the most energetic and courageous signs of the Zodiac. Some positive traits about them are daring, active, and very incisive. But their negative traits are impatient, ruthless, and violent.

Taurus: (Apr 20-May 20) Earth sign

Taurus or the “Bull” is the signs astrological symbol which represents it’s hard determination and stubbornness. The Taurus-born people are one of the most reliable and ambitious signs of the zodiac. Some positive traits about them are generous, dependable, and independent. But their negative traits are stubborn, lazy, and possessive.

Gemini: (May 21- Jun 20) Air sign

Gemini or the “Twins” is the signs astrological symbol which represents its separate personalities and its ability to see both sides of a situation. The Gemini-born people are one of the most expressive and sociable signs of the Zodiac. Some positive traits about them are humorous, intellectual, and really curious. But their negative traits are moody, sarcastic, and lack of perseverance.

Cancer: (Jun 21- Jul 22) Water sign

Cancer or the “Crab or Crab claws” is the signs astrological symbol which represents it’s sensitive nature and loyalty. The Cancer-born people are one of the most loyal and sensitive signs of the zodiac. Some positive traits about them are persuasive, emotional, and creativity. But their negative traits include clingy, overly emotional, and moody.

Leo: (July 23 – August 22) Fire sign

Leo or the “Lion” is the signs astrological symbol which represents royal leaders. Leo-born people are strong, fierce, bold, and courageous. They’re amazingly creative in almost all spheres of their lives, Leo individuals are independent and dominant. Some positive traits about them is that Leos are often brave-hearts, they are also confident and positive thinkers. But their negative traits are that they can be vain, bossy and can also struggle with criticism.

Virgo: ( August 23 – September 22)Earth sign

Virgo or the “maiden” is the signs astrological symbol which is feminine, it represents ladylike, graceful and duty-bound.Most Virgo-born people are sincere and caring to those who they really care about like friends and family. They are also intelligent and know how to analyze situations extremely effectively, which is why people approach them for their killer advice. But some negative traits about them are that they can be overly critical and they also have a habit of holding people to unreasonable standards because they’re a bit of a perfectionist.

Libra: (September 23 – October 22)Air sign

Libra or the “scales”  is the signs astrological symbol which represents balance. Most Libra-born people are balances. They “weigh” their options and decide from them.They have two sides to their personalities and thinking, but most Libra individuals don’t let this aspect rule their personalities.They value justice and fairness above all things and are also natural soothers and harmonizers. Some negative traits are that they can be manipulative and a little too good at lying.  

Scorpio: (October 23 – November 21)Water sign

Scorpio or the “scorpion’ is the signs astrological symbol which represents fierce. Scorpio-born individuals are strong, commanding, intense, passionate and zealous. They are also driven, dedicated, ambitious and secretly-loving. Scorpio individuals are intelligent and motivated people who can contribute to any project. Some negative traits of Scorpios are that they can be aggressive, controlling, and obsessive.

Sagittarius:(Nov. 22-Dec. 21) Fire sign

Sagittarius or the “Archer” is the signs astrological symbol which represents their optimistic personality. The Sagittarius-born people are typically one of the biggest travelers among all zodiac signs. The positive traits of the sign are curious, extrovert, enthusiastic, and likes changes. Some negative traits of a Sagittarius is being insensitive, impatience, boastful and aggressive.

Capricorn:(Dec. 22-Jan. 19) Earth sign

Capricorn or the “Sea-Goat” is the signs astrological symbol which represents its determinating personality . The Capricorn-born people are typically the most determined of the entire zodiac. The positive traits of the sign are ambitious, conservative, practical and helpful. Some negative traits of Capricorn are being pessimistic, overly possessive, selfish, and moody.

Aquarius:(Jan. 20-Feb. 18) Air sign

Aquarius or the “Water-Bearer” is the signs astrological symbol which represents their non effective personality. The Aquarius-born people are typically the most generous among the zodiac signs. The positive traits of the sign are curious, truthful to themselves, and independent. Some negative traits are overly secretive, emotionally distant, stubborn, and unpredictable.

Pisces:(Feb. 19-Mar. 20) Water sign

Pisces or the “Fish” is the signs astrological symbol which represents their dualite personality.The Pisces-born are the most impulsive among all zodiac signs. The positive traits of the sign are compassionate, extremely faithful, hospitable, and caring. Some negative traits of Pisces is being indecisive, over sensitive, careless and most of all the time moody.

However, many may read their astrological sign and think that they don’t fit their sign description. This is due to the fact that these are only sun signs or the signs that describe your most obvious qualities. It’s more complex if you want to know your actual self, there are moon signs and ascendant signs. Both describe two different things about a person’s qualities and habits. Therefore, sun signs are easily the best way to determine someone’s personality but it’s not as accurate as the other two.

By: Karina Estevez, Nancy Reyes and Anthony Estevez