Sonic Mania Review

Sonic Mania Review

The fastest hedgehog alive is back in a brand new game Sonic Mania! Sonic Mania is a brand new game with old playing mechanics. If anyone has ever played the classic sonic games on the sega genesis, they will love this game. It has the same 8-bit graphics as the old games but enhanced and more beautiful. It has the same gaming mechanics as well but features one brand new mechanic which is the drop dash by jumping and holding A. The game is so beautiful and colorful it’s worth it to slow down and just enjoy the beautiful backgrounds.

This game does features old maps from previous sonic games but with new areas to explore and it shows off plenty new maps to run through. Every act has a mini boss and a main boss so the game won’t be too easy. There are 3 playable characters, Sonic the hedgehog, Tails the fox, Knuckles the echidna, but you can also complete the story with Sonic and Tails together. The story is not very long but it is still very enjoyable to play and complete. There is even a secret ending if you complete all 7 mini games to get all the chaos emeralds.

Overall sonic mania is a amazing enjoyable game and is a blast to play. It is available now for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC for only 20 dollars. If you want to run the extra mile , like I did, there is always a collector’s edition for the game the game, a sonic mania cartridge, a sonic gold ring, a sonic mania metallic card, and a statue of sonic on top a sega genesis with sega start up sound. This is 80 dollars but is totally worth it for any sonic fan. Sonic mania is a amazing game you should give a try, you will love it.

View Comments (1)