Students resolve to achieve their goals in 2013

Jonathan Perez

New Years Eve has always been a time for looking back to the past, and more importantly, forward to the year that is coming.
As New Years approaches many students make plans for what they what to accomplish. It is the time to reflect on the changes they want to make and resolve to follow through those changes.
Did your New Years resolution make our top 10 list? We actually made a survey and gave it out to APB students to answer and it reveals some interesting things.
Without any doubt, losing weight is one of the most popular New Year resolution ideas at APB, one of the main goals to achieve for the next coming year is to pass all classes and by passing all their classes they will get back on track if they are not and graduate on time.
Some of the interesting things we found is that in the survey more guys want to lose weight rather than girls. Why can it be that in this case guys worry more about staying in shape rather than girls do?
Is it that they are trying to look good for the girls or just simply because they want to for the coming up year.
For other options not many choose to manage their time and use it wisely.
Out of all the categories of the top 10, girls had the highest score on every option that was given to them as a New Years resolutions.
Guys were between 3% to 23% on having the same total amounts of every option as the girls. For example, in the option passing classes, the total amount of girls who chose that option as their New Years resolution was 69% and the guys who chose that option as their New Years resolution was 49%.
As you can see in this situation guys were 20% away from having the same amount as girls.
In the option saving money, the amount of girls who chose saving money as their New Years resolution was 59, and the guys who chose saving money as their New Years resolution was 40%.
In this situation guys were 19% away from having the same amount as buys. If you go through each option of the top 10 of girls and guys basically theĀ  different amount of percentages between the girls and the guys would be different, but guys would still remain lower than girls.
Many males and females in APB plan to succeed their goals throughout the year by thinking of an idea of what they want to achieve for themselves and making a plan on how to reach it.
Everyone’s New Year resolutions goals should be focused on achieving and improving in their academics to get closer to what they plan to achieve for the year of 2013.