Greenhouse Gases

Global Warming has cause ice glaciers to melt causing, the Polar Bear population.

Have you ever wonder why year after year there is an increase in temperature? Well it is

Global Warming has cause ice glaciers to melt threatening the Polar Bear population.

due to the increase of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. The most common gases are methane and carbon. Methane gas is much more trappable than other greenhouse gases  in the atmosphere. Methane is discharged  from natural sources such as wetlands. Human activities such as leakage from natural gas systems and the raising of livestock can also increase the earths temperature. The most common greenhouse gas is  carbon dioxide. Although carbon dioxide it is not easily trappable in the earths atmosphere it is discharged by the combustion of fuel, which is commonly used for electricity, transportation and industries. If we ignore these gases our world will gradually warm up threatening habitats, and affecting our daily lives.

Lowering the percent of greenhouse gases can significantly help decrease the earths temperature. In addition, lowering the amount of greenhouse gases will prevent health problems by decreasing the amount of pollution. What do you think can be done to decrease the amount of these greenhouse gases? There are many things that can be done. Matthew Lucero, a junior in Animo Pat Brown stated, “we should plant more trees to decrease the amount of carbon.  Planting more trees will help decrease the amount of carbon dioxide because the plants and trees will absorb the carbon dioxide and let out oxygen.” If we plant more tress, ride bikes, and waste less paper we can encourage others to do the same.

Believe it or not, greenhouse gases play a major role in the earths temperature. Carbon dioxide, methane, and other greenhouse gases are essential for our planet’s temperature without them the earths temperature can be as low as -18 degree Celsius (0 degree Fahrenheit). Although it is true that greenhouse gases has help us stay alive; too much of one thing is not always good.  Scientists have observed that less solar energy has been reaching the earth now than it did before. then why have we had one of the hottest year in history?  It is due to human activity. If we encourage others to ride a bike to school we will make the world we live in a better place. Any little difference we make in our daily lives like riding a bike to school can have a great impact to us and our world.

Work Cited

For more information about greenhouse gases go to the link below.

EPA.gov Staff. “Overview of Greenhouse Gases.”2 October 2014.

<http://epa.gov/climatechange/ghgemissions/gases/ch4.html>.

Below is a video that may provide you with more information about global warming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab6jV4VBWZE