Prevent Bullying

Prevent Bullying

There are 4 different types of bullying:

Verbal  Bullying, Social Bullying, Physical Bullying, CyberBullying ;

-Verbal Bullying is when someone teases or name calls a person in a negative way.

-Social Bullying is when they intentionally spread rumors that are not true and do not let people get involved into participating in activities.

-Physical Bullying which involves physical aggression towards the victim.

-CyberBullying where the bully publishes offensive things about a person and threatens them in social media.

There are multiple reasons of why Bullying usually occurs. One, bullying can occur when a person wants to hurt another person either physically, mentally, or verbally. Two, sometimes it is because the bully wants to feel control over the victim by manipulating them. They want to manipulate the person because he/she is used to having authority. Bullying is most common in schools, especially within younger age students. Those students are the most targeted because they are the weakest. Bullying has caused victims to commit suicide and there is evidence that 30% of students in America have at least experienced bullying once in their life time.

Steps in helping prevent bullying from occurring:

• Seek help from a teacher or a supervisor in school
  • Tell a parent or guardian about the problem
  • Speak to friends or counselor
  • Report the problem to any adult or guardian you know and who you trust

Others opinion on prevention about bullying:

• Build a safe environment like have assemblies/meetings with parents and staff from your school, newsletter to families, post on school website
  • The adults should talk about what bullying is and how to stand up to it safely
  • Parents should listen to their kids and open up with them so the kids can know who they can trust

As Carolina a junior said, “ If the person who is being bullied isn’t doing anything to defend themselves you would step in to stop the bully of course”. That’s alot of ways to prevent bullying around the world All The Bullying Need To STOP! We have to spread the word now. We have to lend a hand to whoever needs help to stop the bullies around the world.

Screenshot_2014-11-23-13-32-45-1unnamed