Unboiling an egg can lead to new cancer treatment?

You might boil an egg for breakfast on a daily bases, but you’ve probably never thought of unboiling and egg. Sounds insane right? Well The university of Irvine has made it a reality. University of Irvine researchers have thought this can change the way cancer can be treated. Egg whites (clear, see through)similar to the proteins one has in their body, after the egg is boiled the egg turn hard. This is compared to the the treatment of cancer today (chemotherapy)because the egg process is similar to what chemotherapy does to ones proteins. This treatment will take years to develop, it’s worth it because it will be a low price.

download
Steve Kudlacek is an undergraduate at the University of California, Irvine who helped Professor Greg Weiss develop a way to unboil an egg.

When asked if this discovery  could help cancer treatment, Animo Pat Brown teacher, Ms.Roselman said,”It can. Every step forward we take can help us. As a chemistry teacher she is very enthusiastic over this topic. “even though it might not have all the answers” said Ms.Roselman, “It will allow us to do more experiments to help with cancer therapy”. She was also asked if she thought this future therapy would be costly and she said,”The whole point of this research is to lower the cost.” She showed this new discover to her students, They were amazed. “they don’t know what to do with the patients because there are similarities between the unboiled egg” said Ms.Roselman “They used urea they might use some other chemical on humans later on”.

When people with cancer go into a radiator for chemotherapy which they use a lot of radiation and there are side effects which can be harmful. After their therapy they feel weak since their proteins were burned out with all the radiation. So with the experiment they would reverse the damaged, this process of the unboil egg would help a lot especially the patients would feel weak afterwards.

The same questions were  asked to a senior, Jonathan Morales said, “ science is always changing from one idea they discover new things”. He was also asked if he thinks if  it was going to cost a lot or not and his response was “ mixed emotions many discoveries that can cure cancer but I think it will cost less because its easier”. Which is true because if they want to make a treatment for chemotherapy then they will try to make it affordable since the patients are already paying a lot of money for the chemotherapy itself. He was also asked if he thinks that the chemicals involved might be dangerous and Jonathan Morales said, “ no because they would harm us if they put it in a human body system and make the people with cancer feel even worse”. Like why would they put harmful chemicals on the proteins if they want them to do them a good and not a bad in our health.

This breakthrough in the science world is a new step toward the treatment of cancer. Just after a few more years of research,this low price treatment will make peoples lives easier.