Arising Health Crisis: Will it affect California?

In the United States there has been a health crisis that is beginning to spread and is raising caution in mostly children and teens especially those with asthma which is known as Enterovirus D68. This is because they are more likely to get infected because we do not have an immunity in our bodies to this virus. The virus was first detected in New York where dozens of children were tested and confirmed with this virus.

The symptoms to this virus are most commonly  seen as a  severe cold. Which is why doctors and people are having trouble identifying if they have the virus or not. Also this virus was first identified in California in 1962 and been uncommonly reported in United States. But this time the virus is not  on the west coast and has begun to be seen in the northeast  of the United States.This virus is easily spread because it is passed by person to person contact such as coughing,sneezing,and touching contaminated surfaces. So far there has been a total of 130 people in 12 states who have gotten infected with this virus.

Even though the virus has not come in close contact to California we should still take health precautions.Such as, making sure to cover your cough and sneezes.  Due to the virus being easily spread because of person to person contact.The  virus does not have a vaccination or no specific treatment against it.

.Story