APB should allow harmless grey sweatshirts

Brian Nerio
From our perspectives, grey sweaters should be allowed because it’s also a professional color and it is not a gang related color.
Why is it that we can wear grey shoes but not grey sweaters if according to Hartford he is trying to keep the uniform simple?
It would be an option for us students to choose if either wearing black or grey sweaters to school since students might get irked of wearing the same color everyday.
If grey sweaters are ever allowed at school it would be feasible of a greater amount of students with grey sweaters.
We think that grey sweaters should be allowed in school because if they allow us to wear grey shoes then we would be able to match them up with our grey sweaters.
We interviewed Principal Joshua Hartford about why can’t students be able to wear grey sweaters and this is what he said, “Only one color sweater, students are allowed to wear which is black and to keep the uniform simple. Avoiding gang colors is only one factor that we look at when deciding on the uniform policy. We also look at reducing distractions eliminating disadvantages for students who may not have money to buy designer clothing, and building a sense of community.Pink polka dots are also not gang color but they are also not appropriate for a school.” Hartford is basically saying that it would be much easier for him and the staff to make sure we’re safe on campus and nobody catches attention of suspicion.
Although we are not allowed to wear grey sweaters Ánimo Pat Brown’s goal is to create a safe and academic environment and maybe in the future there will be a probability of allowing students to wear grey sweaters.We believe that grey sweaters are professional .