Overwatch Review

Overwatch+Review

By Santiago Vazquez,

Overwatch is a 6v6 team-based multiplayer first person-shooter developed by Blizzard Entertainment. Having the best aim in the game is just as useful as someone with good decision making who knows when to use an ability or someone with the most tactical turret placement.

Overwatch has a variety of characters that are very distinct and unique. There is a very intelligent gorilla scientist with an electricity gun, a robot munk that shoots orbs, a cyborg ninja and many more. Every character fits in one of four roles: offense, defense, tank, and support. Although each is categorized, each character plays very differently. For example, Hanzo is a defender with a bow that likes to snipe enemies from afar while Mei likes to freeze enemies in their tracks.

winston-00d4a.jpg (637×360)

Every character has different weapons and different abilities each with their own advantages and disadvantages. For example, Winston’s electricity gun doesn’t require him to aim and can hit multiple targets at once, however it is very weak. Also, Zenyatta’s orbs and orb of discord allow for major damage but he only has 200 health which makes him a glass cannon.

The player is also able to freely experiment with abilities in the training area. For example, you can learn how to rocket jump with Soldier 76 over obstacles. Because the game allows for experimentation it allows people to unlock the full potential of some of the characters. You can use Mei’s ice wall to put Bastion in spots he normally wouldn’t be able to reach. While you can use Lucio’s Soundwave to push enemies away from you, it is also possible to use it to push someone off a map and kill them.

You can also pair many of the overwatch heroes to make a very dynamic team. You can pair Ana with Reinhardt together to create a powerful nano boosted Reinhardt that can slaughter the entire team. Bastion can also be pair with Mercy to make Bastion’s sentry mode all the more deadly.

The game also allows for the switching of characters to be very easy. This is in order to be able to counter an enemy team. For example, maybe an enemy Genji uses their ultimate to slice through your entire team, you can switch to Zenyatta so that next time they use their ultimate you can use yours to counter it by healing the entire team incredibly fast.

Overwatch is an incredible multiplayer game. It allows players to hit and run or stay back and pick of other players. Players can play very aggressively or very strategically. While the characters and the abilities are very good, the game has very few maps (only 13). This game deserves a 9/10.