Bill Saves the World

By: Anthony R., Karen M., and Laura H.

Bill saves the world is an upcoming Netflix show hosted by William Sanford Nye, commonly known as Bill Nye because of his popular show, Bill Nye the Science Guy. The show will focus on science, while connecting to politics, pop culture, and society. Model Karlie Kloss, science Youtuber Derek Muller, comedian Nazeem Hussain, and the host of Xploration Outer Space, Emily Calandrelli will accompany Bill Nye on his new show.

Bill Nye’s previous show, Bill Nye the Science Guy, was released in Sept. 10 1993 and aired- on PBS. The show reached one hundred half-hour episodes until it was discontinued on June 20, 1998. Each episode focused on a new topic, designed to get kids interested in everyday science.

Bill Saves the World will air 13 half-hour episodes premiering on April 21, 2017. Unlike his previous show, Bill Nye will be focusing on more mature topics such as sex, alternative medicine, technology, and debunking anti-scientific claims about climate change. Bill’s long-lasting mission had been, “to change the world by getting people everywhere excited about the fundamental ideas in science.”

Although the two shows have major differences in terms of content and participants it is probable that this new show will capture the attention of many as his first show was a huge success. It may be slightly more difficult to catch the attention of the younger audience as the show isn’t exactly a “kid’s show” and is primarily directed to those who are more mature, hence the topics that are bound to present in the show.