The Enraging, Yet Sad Truth

Level 16 promotional poster
Level 16 promotional poster

By Ada Gonzalez

Netflix’s confusing movie “Level 16” can give you mixed feelings. If you want to feel anger but also sadness this is the movie for you. It’s confusing yet so true in some places, it’s enraging yet so upsetting, that it becomes almost the perfect opposite of a happy teenage life.

A word of warning if you do not like the use of human abuse this is not the movie for you or if you are targeted by the act of human trafficking stay away.

At the beginning, of the movie one may think it’s not very interesting but there are two plot twists to this movie.

In “Level 16,” an overwhelming movie, Vivien, who is seen as the main character, was just a little girl who followed what she believed were school rules along with other girls. These girls were taken care of and took lessons on things that made a “perfect clean girl”.

Their school had 16 levels, once they reached level 16 they were told they would be adopted by amazing loving parents. Along the way unbelievable things began to happen, after Sophia told her to stop following certain rules, that brought many confusion to her and she did not know what to believe anymore.

“Level 16” doesn’t have much action at all but the whole point of this movie comes along to give an explanation to what this is all about.

The setting of this movie is not very clear but the basics is a building with different levels of what is told to be for their education and halls designated to specific groups of girls.

This movie overall may be boring but it can be something that lots of people can relate to which is why I believe it is a popular good movie.“Level 16” is well organized and goes through each step well, even though I personally did not understand the point of the movie at the start.

The reason why I decided to watch this movie is because I saw a small clip on Instagram that made me believe this movie was about different levels of discipline that was given to disobedient girls. This clip gave the sense of having to do certain activities of cleansing that were supposed to be done at a specific amount of time and in order.

The targeted audience of this movie can be both youth and adults. This movie seems to be like a call of warning that parents should watch over their daughters better to avoid a traumatic event from happening. This can also be a call to the youth to be careful of who they trust or who they decide to hang out with.

.