Adrian Peterson’s Suspension

Adrian Peterson, running back from the Minnesota Vikings, was suspended for the rest of the NFL season without pay. Peterson will not be considered for reinstatement as a consequence of violating the league’s personal conduct policy. He was impeached in September for beating his four year old child with a wooden switch. “There were aggravating circumstances that led to the discipline announced,” (Brian McCarthy). The mayor of Minnesota said he was going to ban him from the team because he was getting frustrated about the process not progressing. Peterson’s case has brought out a debate on fleshy punishments. As said throughout the whole circumstance, Peterson claimed that he never intended to hurt his child and he was disciplined that way growing up in his childhood.

Peterson and his representatives will not be allowed to participate in the hearing due to the fact that they did not provide information that would be relevant to Peterson’s case.The union believes that the suspension of Adrian Peterson is an example of a credibility gap. Peterson will lose approximately 4.2 million dollars during his suspension. The Vikings have respectfully accepted the decision of the NFL and have no further comment on their decision. Peterson is expected to be back in a training camp in 2015.

517350447SH00022_ADRIAN_PETMW-CZ464_Adrian_20141118094159_ZH