Freshman Survival Guide

Freshmen students are sometimes shy, intimidated, and isolated. We went on the journey to congregate with these new incoming students. Many of them were very shy and did not even get the opportunity to interview them. Nonetheless, others were very outgoing and energetic.

freshman3

Things that are troubling freshman so far include no bells, no clocks, and the necessity to wear uniform.

Senior’s Response: Bells and clocks are not a part of Animo Pat Brown because the administration does not want the student body to become stressed by the point in which students are dismissed. Plus, uniforms are required to provide a safe environment.

freshman1

When asked “Does APB assign too much homework?”

Freshman’s response: While in class there is a lot of work distributed to us thus, when we receive homework it covers it all.

Senior’s response: Homework is like a practice guide that helps you through the hardships of school, it prepares you for all tests etc.

Freshmen hope that the next four years of their high school experience is to receive good grades, have honors and AP classes, and join as many clubs as possible.

Senior’s Response: If you truly want to have good grades you have to  be extremely committed  to your education. Honors and AP classes are always challenging but they are worth it and look great on your transcript.

freshman2

When asked “What are you afraid of academic-wise?”

The Freshmen replied saying that they are afraid of failing their classes and not passing the CAHSEE, SAT and the ACT.

Senior’s Response: The CAHSEE is fairly easy; it is composed of basic math and English review. For the SAT you will have enough time to practice with the College Spring program, so do not worry.