Winter Break of 2015

By Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Zepeda

The break that mostly consisted of excitement and adventure for most people has come to an end. The one thing students waited anxiously to come, is over and we are back to reading, writing and the same old boring routines. All of us counted the days for the vacation to come, so what exactly did these students do with the long wanting winter break?

The vacation I longed for was a restful, yet outgoing vacation, was it what I got? No. Mine was filled of packing, unpacking, packing again, cleaning and most of all a very sentimental break. However, just because my break was filled with mostly downs and not at all what I expected, does not indicate that the other students break was the same.

“My break went exactly how I expected”, Yadira RamFullSizeRender (1)irez a junior at Animo Pat Brown said, “because it was the holidays and I knew I would spend time with my family and enjoy our company.” Not only did she spend her free time with her family she also did what most girls enjoy doing, shopping. “Shopping and going to Universal Studios was probably one of the most exciting things I did over

break because there was sales and I got what I wanted and I was with my family” Yadira said.

On the other hand, Natalie Ramirez a freshmen at Animo Pat Brown said “It wasn’t a vacation I expected because I thought we would go on a road trip but instead we stayed with the family in LA”. Although it was not what she expected she still had an exciting break. “I could say that my break was exciting because I was able to do my fifteen pre-video with my friends and I had lots of fun with my family” Natalie said.

A break at APB is not a break without homework, yes homework. Most teachers at Animo assign the students homework over the break, which the majority do not like. Although we do not appreciate having to worry about homework over break most of us actually get it done. Some get it done a week before, others wait till the last day and some do not do it at all. Yadira stated that she did get assigned homework from her English teacher but she did not do it. Natalie was one lucky student, who did not have to worry about getting homework done over the break.

Most of us believe that we did not have “enough time” to enjoy our break or do the adventurous things we wanted to accomplish this winter. I, for example, wanted to fly out to Mexico, along with my grandparents and cousins, but because they were going for two weeks and I had to be back to school within a week I could not go. It was disappointing. Yadira agreed that we did not have enough time she claims “I did not have enough time to go out and have an adventure, I think we needed another week.”

On the contrary, Natalie argued that the break does not need to be longer she said that “because I get bored at my house alone and at school I have my friends.”

Although our break was not long enough for some and had downfalls, we still managed to take the best out of it. Now all there is to do is wait for Winter Break of 2016 and hope it is a lot more exciting and adventurous.

FullSizeRender