how did APB spend their winter break?

how did APB spend their winter break?

By Melanie Vital and Mac Manrique

The two week winter break was a chance for students to relax and spend time with their families and catch up on sleep but, the holidays are now over and with the end of holidays comes the end of winter break as well as the start of a new semester in APB. In APB many students and staff shared with us the things they did over their break, from the good to the bad.

Eleventh grade student, Mirna Alcala mentioned that the best part of her break was visiting her mom in Mexico. Being with her made her feel super good, so coming back to LA was the worst part of it. Another student was Christopher Reina, he mentioned that over his break he did not do much but stay home or go out with his girlfriend. Similar to student Sarahi Ramos, she mentioned, “the best part about my break was that I got to lay in bed all day watching movies without having to stress about having to do school work, so obviously the worst part of my break was knowing I had to go back to school”.

Unlike the previous students, others had things to get done over the break. When interviewing Martha, school campus custodian, we expected to get exciting news but, Martha was not as excited as we thought she would be. She mentioned that throughout her whole break she spend it working in campus, cleaning and getting anything she could done. She also said she wished she had more days off of work to rest and spend it with her family. Lastly, student Juan Romero also spent most of his break working with his dad welding metal.

Overall, winter break was different for students and staff in many ways some students just spent all day at home relaxing while others worked. All students believed that this two week break was well deserved and needed.