APB Should not do a Testing Day Again

Above image from HealthyPlace

The testing day in my opinion was bad, it was wack, it was terrible. I didn’t like it and I don’t think anyone else liked it. Not that I don’t like testing, it’s just how they made it. Having to stay in a class all day just for two tests you could finish quickly is too much. 

We should never do this again because no one liked the testing day since you had to be in the class all day. Animo Pat Brown staff should see and talk to people because no one liked the testing day. All my friends I asked have all told me that it was bad. They didn’t like it. Even my college readiness teacher was getting mad since she couldn’t get the students to finish their test and I think this happened because the students were tired and frustrated from being in the seat all day just testing. Most kids didn’t even finish the tests. Most of the kids only finished one test and then got annoyed of being in the class so started to play games on the chromebook instead of doing both of the tests. I was one of them. I didn’t get to finish the RI test. I only finished the Iready test. It took me the whole day to finish one test but that was because I was bored and I decided to play games on the computer or I decided to sleep. That’s how boring it was. 

Another reason why it was wack was because we only had one break which was our lunch time. Maybe if each class had a small break to go outside and play or walk around school for a bit so we won’t be stressed over the tests. They should let two or three classes out at a time for like 15 minutes so they could refresh their minds. Also they could give breakfast or snacks during the testing period so kids won’t be hungry and be distracted because that’s what I kept hearing kids saying that they were hungry. Or teachers should give kids brain breaks like stop the testing here and there and make them play some games in the class because I think the issue with us not finishing the tests in one day was either because we were hungry because after lunch I did see students get to work but then later on like 30 minutes later of just testing they started to get bored again that’s were a nice little brain break comes in so they could refresh their mind and get their mind off testing.

So my opinion will be to never do a testing day like that. If they are still going to keep doing testing days like that they should give students more breaks, maybe some snacks or even give them brain breaks during the testing time. They should also let students listen to music. I know many kids like listening to music while they work. Some say they concentrate better with music on so you guys should try it out and see the results on how the testing scores come out with kids having more breaks, being able to listen to music and see if they do better. In my opinion I think they will be better because with music and more breaks they won’t be so bored so they won’t be playing games on the computer since they will be concentrating with the music and will be refreshing their minds with the breaks and also won’t be hungry because they will have snacks.