Why hasn’t the Government Stepped in for Ecuador?

Image sourced from State Department
Image sourced from State Department

The government should help Ecuador with the issue they have with the cartel.

Ecuadorians have been terrorized by the cartel, and the gov. hasn’t done anything about it. It’s important to keep in mind that many of the Ecuadorians are dead due to the cartel’s chaos. The government should step up as the government is known to be a strong group of leaders. To add on, the cartel infiltrated a local news station in which the cartel had held news reporters and camera people at gunpoint. To continue the cartel has killed a very important politician for talking about finishing with the cartel.  Furthermore, these can lead to future problems that may lead to the USA being infested with drugs.

One way the gov. Should help out because the people that live there are being killed and terrorized by the cartel members. The gov. should help out the Ecuadorians by providing them with food and water. The gov. Should also keep in mind the kids in Ecuador that could possibly join the cartel or be killed due to them just being outside. The US has always prided themselves as being a great humanitarian country that is always willing to help. Even during the world wars, the US was seen as a powerhouse for aid and was willing to help out any countries in need. Now, we see similar if not worse problems affecting people around the world yet the US does nothing to help. If the US thinks they’re so great, why can’t they send help to a country that’s a fraction of their size? It doesn’t seem that difficult to use some of the billions spent on military projects to help out other countries in need.

Lastly the Gov. should help them out because they have many of the cartel wanting to do more killing and more vandalism to the country and all that can be stopped if the government stepped up and did their job. To add on, if they don’t stop this right now it can spread to the USA and cause problems and lead to rebellion which can also lead to more and more drugs being distributed in the USA. The US knows that the drugs come from central america and yet do nothing to stop it. They see themselves as powerful but the people ( citizens) give them that privilege. If they would care so much why don’t they put a stop to the drug trafficking and help out the country with that money they get? They have a problem with kids overdosing and doing all these drugs but don’t try to make a change on it. They focus more on what they think is right but dont even look at other problems that are similar if not worse.