Star Wars: The Force Awakens

By: Jasmin Corona & Cindy Gonzalez

This Christmas, December 18, is the release of the upcoming movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens (episode 7). This movie trilogy has been long awaited by fans for years. Star Wars’ fans are so eager to watch this film. The plot of episode 7 takes place 30 years after the Battle of Endor and events of portrayed in Return of the Jedi (episode 6). This sequel is about the finding of Luke Skywalker after 30 years.  We will see how the returning characters from the original series show their faces once more. Actors like Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Anthony Daniels (C-3P0), and finally  Kenny Baker (R2-D2) are one of the few original characters that will once again be in this upcoming film. These are the characters that Star Wars fans are more excited to see once more.

This new Star Wars film has APB students raving with excitement. APB is surrounded with people who are fans of Star Wars.

APB teacher, Mr. Mendoza, is not a big fan but enjoys it. “I have seen all the movies, the preview looks cool and I’ll probably watch it”.  

APB senior, Briana, is a fan of this film. “Out of a scale from 1 to 10 of excitement, I am a 25”. She’s seen every film and is excited that Han Solo, an original Star Wars character, is coming back. “The preview looks cool so of course I am going to watch it,” she added.

Most APB students seem really excited about it while they are some who have never seen any of the films. APB senior Gladys, has never seen a film but is interested in watching them. “I saw some parts of the trailer I don’t really like action movies but it seems cool”. She adds that she isn’t a fan but could be if she watches the other movies.

APB administrators showed their affection by dressing up as these characters this Halloween. Vice principal, Mr. Reed dressed up as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mr. Hartford also showed his Star Wars spirit.

Overall, this upcoming movie has everyone excited. Make sure to reserve your ticket this December.