Jhene Aiko’s “Sail out”

Jhene Aiko is a female artist whose genre is R&B/Soul. She started making music back in 2002. The first song she ever wrote and released was called “ He couldn’t Kiss”, it was released on March 12,2002. She started becoming a known artist when she was featured in a song called “Beware” with Big Sean. The song “Beware” that she was featured in became her first song to chart on the US Billboard Hot 100.

Jhene Aiko made an EP( Extended Play) called Sail Out. It was released in 2013. The album contains features from Childish Gambino, Ab-Soul, Vince Staples, and Kendrick Lamar. The EP(Extend Play) is more an R&B/Soul, Pop, HipHop/Rap. The songs have a soft but fast rhythm, it also has a balance between sensuality and vulnerability. This album matches her genre.

The rhythm in “Sail Out” by Jhene Aiko is nothing short of captivating. Each song has its own unique groove, showcasing Jhene’s versatility as an artist. The beats are infectious and seamlessly blend with the elements of R&B, HipHop, making an engaging sound and rhythm. Her smooth and soft vocals effortlessly ride the rhythm, but at the same time it adds an extra of emotions to each track. Whether it be laid-back and mellow in “The Worst” or the upbeat and energetic rhythm of “ Bed Peace”. The rhythm keeps the listeners hooked to the album.

In my opinion Sail Out is her best album. I love the songs and the people featured in the songs. I absolutely love that each song has its rhythm to it. My favorite song would have to be “Stay Ready”, because the beat is so smooth but fast at the same time. The lyrics to me are relatable and they hit differently when you can relate to what she’s singing about . My favorite line in the song is “That what you give is what you’re given”. It would have to be my favorite line in the song because it’s such a true phrase. Whatever or however you treat someone is how they will treat you. So, in my opinion I would rate the song a 10/10.