Donald Trump is a Joke

Donald Trump is a Joke

Donald Trump deserves none of the attention he is getting. It’s incredible that Trump even has supporters. He has nothing to offer us except another person we want to facepalm. One thing that really bothers me is that he doesn’t have the experience to run a city, state, and much less a whole country. Just because he is a big business owner doesn’t mean he knows how to run a country. The United States is not a company.

He talks about wanting to get rid off all the illegal immigrants and stripping the citizenship of their children who were born here referring to them as “anchor babies.” This means many kids will be deported because their parents came to this country illegally. Most, if not all, of the students here in Animo Pat Brown, including myself, have parents who came here illegally or came here illegally themselves. And it’s not just us. It’s millions of people out there who would get deported. Over 11 million illegal immigrants to be exact. Trumps supporters must be as delusional as he is for supporting him even after the outrageous comments he’s made toward the Latino community.

Donald Trump once tweeted:

“Sadly, the overwhelming amount of violent crime in our major cities is committed by blacks and hispanics-a tough subject-must be discussed.”

Trump has further stated again and again that Latinos and many other illegal immigrants are the reason why killings and rapes occur in the U.S. How is it that someone with such disgraceful comments is even considered to run for president?
His solution to keep Mexican people from immigrating to the US is to build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico… and make Mexico pay for it. This is probably one of the most incredibly ignorant and idiotic statements Trump has ever made.

Not only is the wall a ridiculous idea, but he has yet to explain how he plans on deporting over 11 million illegal immigrants. This would mean having to change the constitution because these illegal immigrants are protected under U.S. laws. Taking away American citizenship from these so-called “anchor babies” would mean that he would have to remove birthright citizenship from the constitution and that simply doesn’t sit right at all.

Trump is being given way too much attention when he doesn’t deserve it. Instead, we should be focused on supporting real candidates like Bernie Sanders, who want to make college tuition free, increase federal minimum wages, and provide healthcare for all people.