Should APB bring back football, homecoming & cheerleading?

wikipedia

Homecoming is a popular high school tradition, it’s where the alumni and students are welcomed back. Homecoming brings pride to the school and the football team. Especially since the cheerleaders root for the school’s football team. Usually at homecomings you’ll see all sorts of friend groups hanging together and some couples enjoying the game. Homecoming isn’t just students watching a football game, homecoming also includes a dance and other fun activities.

Students should have more options for sports in APB because sports brings people together, helps students connect with each other and students might feel like there are not enough options for them that they might like such as football or cheerleading for example. Also because sports improves how students feel and makes them feel fit and healthy.  

What makes homecoming exciting?  Most students who are going into high school look forward to homecoming. Homecoming can be fun depending on what a person enjoys and what the school provides you with to experience the “high school homecoming tradition”. If you’re a person who likes to be out spending time with people you enjoy being around, then you would most likely enjoy homecoming. On the other hand if you’re not so much of an outside person and you just prefer to be alone or just are really antisocial then maybe homecoming wouldn’t be so enjoyable for you.

It’s important for high school students to have football, cheer and homecoming because these things are common in every high school. It’s what makes the high school experience and what makes high school memories. Also it helps students connect with each other while having fun with friends and new people. It also helps bring school spirit to the school. 

Homecoming originally came from colleges in the 19th century, usually at their first football games the alumni would come back. Homecoming brings the values and culture of a high school. The first homecoming event was held in 1910 at the University of Missouri. Since then homecoming has started becoming popular around the country. When it first became popular it started with colleges and universities overtime, high schools also started doing homecomings. 

Playing sports brings joy for athletes, but why? Joy is a feeling when some sort of effort is paid off. Athletes experience joy after a game since all those practice games prepared them for the competition. Competing for a win is a big thing to most people, especially if it’s a school depending on a group of people to win against another team.

If I were to get asked, “Jaila, what do you think about bringing homecoming back to APB?” I would say—I think we should bring back homecoming to APB. I feel like students at APB would be interested and might agree with me because homecoming is all about the students, coming together and bringing school pride. Also I feel like homecoming is a great way to make fun memories and bring students to get more involved in the school. Homecoming is a way to celebrate the beginning of football season.

If I were to get asked, “Princess, what do you think about bringing more sports to APB?” I would reply with—honestly I think it varies on which sport and if APB has the space for practice. It also depends on if there are enough students interested in a specific sport to become a team. If APB plans on bringing back homecoming then football and cheerleading should most definitely be brought back. I also think APB should just bring back football and cheer whether or not they bring back homecoming. Some of the sports that APB offers are probably one of the reasons why most students aren’t interested in joining a team. 

Students might agree or disagree with the thought of bringing back homecoming, football and cheerleading so we asked an anonymous APB student about this topic. They made a comment saying that they personally are not interested in bringing back any of these but maybe other students might be. The student mentioned that APB should bring back homecoming for the students who are willing to go to homecoming if it were brought back. At the moment APB has some sport options but the student said that if APB had more sport options like football it would make students feel heard and more included. 

Participating in high school athletics is one of the best ways for teens to learn essential values such as teamwork and collaboration. High school athletics offers plenty of physical, physiological, and social benefits that can help shape young adults as professionals. Therefore, APB should bring back football & cheer, they should also bring back homecoming so students can make memories before they leave APB.