Stephen Curry Sets New Record

13 3-pointers in a single game
13 3-pointers in a single game
13 3-pointers in a single game
13 3-pointers in a single game

A new beginning and new NBA season for Stephen Curry in which he has displayed significant up and downs so far. The 2016-2017 NBA season looks interesting so far and in particular the new and improved Golden State Warriors. After one of the worst games for Curry; he shot at a rate of 0-10 from long range against the LA Lakers.

However, in their recent match against the New Orleans Pelicans, Stephen Curry comes back with breaking the record of most made 3 pointers in a single game! Stephen Curry broke the record of 12 3 pointers by scoring 13 3 pointers and having his best display of his MVP self. No other person has scored 13 3 pointers which makes him the first to ever score that many in a single game. Major news headlines spoke about the outburst, for example the New York Times said “he hit more 3s than any other player has in a single N.B.A. game, 13, breaking the record of 12 shared by Kobe Bryant, Donyell Marshall and Curry himself” (nytimes).

Another 3
Another 3

What did Stephen Curry had to say about his amazing performance? Curry had said, “That’s a pretty cool record to have…It probably won’t last too long, the way guys shoot in this league. But to have the 3-point record is pretty special” (nytimes). Basically, Stephen Curry has proven to be one of the best or the best shooter in NBA history.