Basketball Season Comes to an End

Tony Perez
Basketball team standing proud with coach Lovejoy

With the basketball season ending, the team said goodbye to their season and senior, Diego Gomez (#2), with a close cut win of 51-48. The team played their best today and it showed inside the gym. 

Although they had a rocky start, with two of our players Mark(1) and Mauricio(15) both with an injury causing them to sit out this game. The team quickly caught up with the help of Diego, Andrew(4), Jose(24), Joshua(15),Michael, Isaias, Kitze, Cris(22), Julian(20) . 

The game took off close to the second quarter. With back to back passes the team exceeded the expectations of everyone inside the gym. Our team locked in the game had the weight of the school on their shoulders. 

The team rapidly took the lead and with the amount of points going in the board the fans roared . The whole room shook from the cheers and the team both on and off the bench gave their best. 

Having felt the energy in the gym, many people were surprised at how both teams were playing. There were stare downs. Everything was fair game, although it looked like rough housing to many, both teams had the friendly spirit helping one another up after getting put down. 

There were hugs given, claps from both teams. They both smiled with one another. Both teams gave hospitality to each other. The team spirit was alive and well applicable in the game. It was clear from the crowd’s excitement that this game was one of the best games ever played at home this season.