Boys 23-24 Soccer Season Comes to an End

Soccer+team+and+coaches+take+a+team+picture+after+their+first+homegame.+
Tony Perez
Soccer team and coaches take a team picture after their first homegame.

Animo Pat Brown Charter High School boys soccer team Gryphons fc are in the playoffs, and could possibly make it far into the playoffs. The players are listening to everything the coaches tell them in practice. I everyone is satisfied with how the team is playing.

The soccer team is looking good going into the playoffs. They finished 2nd in the league so they are going in as one of the strong teams in the playoffs. They could have finished first place in the season if they would have played all the games they had. The  team had to miss out on a couple of games. But no matter how many games they played, they always played the games like it was their last game, especially the seniors who would love to leave Highschool as champs.

They have been doing everything they learn or tell them to do in practice in the games so the coaches and the players are happy with the work they’ve been doing to win the playoffs. They have practice everyday they are always  giving their everything in practice and games. In practice they help one another. If someone makes a mistake they will help each other or the coaches will repeat the drills again so they can get it right. They leave everything on the field they really want to win.

They are also undefeated at home. They have won all home games but one which ended in a draw against Burton fc, another really good team that ended first place in the league. So if they have the advantage to play home in the playoffs they know they would love to stay undefeated at home so they will give it their all.

Unfortunately on Friday February 16 they played Downtown Magnets in quarter finals the game started off bad for gryphon’s fc. Early in the game they committed a foul outside the area box and downtown magnets took advantage of the freekick and went up 1-0. Then downtown kept on attacking and they wanted more goals. So then they went up 2-0 it wasn’t looking good for gryphon’s fc but they didn’t stop fighting they came back they scored two goals and forced overtime where neither of the teams were able to score so they went to penalties where sadly gryphon’s fc season came to an end in penalties 8-7.  Overall the boys had an amazing season