Tampa Bay Buccaneers Are Led to Their 2nd Super Bowl Win by Superstar Tom Brady

Another successful season for superstar Tom Brady as he leads his new team to a Super Bowl win against the defending champions.

Tom Brady holds his 7th Vince Lombardi Trophy after a 31-9 win against the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl 55 on February 7, 2021. Douglas R. Clifford/Times

By Eduardo Villalobos and Jaime Amarillas

On February 7th, 2021, Tom Brady led the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to their second Super Bowl championship against the Kansas City Chiefs in what many believe was a rather underwhelming and anticlimactic event at the Raymond James Stadium in Florida.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers win their second ever NFL Super Bowl after an 18 year drought while also being the first team in the NFL to play the Super Bowl in its home stadium. The game against the defending champions, the Kansas City Chiefs, ended with a 31-9 score in favor of the Buccaneers.

The impact of having both Brady and Gronkowski proved to be astronomical as they carried the Buccaneers to a Super Bowl win in their first season with The Bucs. After revealing that he would not resign with the Patriots, Brady signed for the Buccaneers. Similarly, Gronkowski announced that he was coming out of retirement and later signed for the Buccaneers.

Sports analysts and football fans believe that this dynamic duo was one of only, if not the only, reason that the game was a breeze for the Buccaneers. Tom Brady threw for 201 yards and 3 touchdowns with 2 touchdown passes being caught by tight end Rob Gronkowski.

Rob Gronkowski and Tom Brady celebrate their 4th Super Bowl win together after being the Kansas City Chiefs 31-9 Mark J Rebilas/ USA Today Sports

On the other hand, 2020 Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes had a night to forget. His defense let him down almost as if it was their job to do so. Mahomes took 3 sacks, 8 quarterback hits, and was pressured 29 times; a Super Bowl record.
Furthermore, if that wasn’t enough evidence to prove how much Mahomes’ defense struggled, Mahomes scrambled for 497 yards before being sacked or throwing the ball. It’s evident that he had no one to pass too and most of the time had to make runs himself.

As a result, Mahomes threw 2 interceptions and didn’t throw a single touchdown even though he threw 69 more yards than Brady. Had it not been for the 3 successful field goals made by kicker Harrisson Butker, the Chiefs would have ended without a single point.

Football audiences all over the world found the last conference finals very enjoyable. Two NFL veteran quarterbacks and two relatively-young quarterbacks with massive potential all in the final four fighting to hold up the Lombardi Trophy. In the Packers vs Buccaneers game, veteran Aaron Rodgers went up against veteran Tom Brady with the Buccaneers coming out victorious in a 31-26 win.

“It’s a shame because we were on a hot streak and were performing well but it hurts a bit less knowing that we lost to the eventual champions and the G.O.A.T, Tom Brady,” said Green Bay Packers fan Ariel Torres.
A few hundred miles southwest, Kansas City Chiefs hosted the Buffalo Bills. Promising quarterback Josh Allen went up against the defending Super Bowl champions. Ultimately, the Chiefs took the win in a 38-24 win and moved onto the Super Bowl against Tom Brady’s Buccaneers.

Being the oldest to ever win the Super Bowl at the age of 43, Brady has made a huge statement to the GOAT (Greatest of All Time) conversation showing that he can win anything regardless of his age and team. Last week he added a 7th Lombardi Trophy, two more than any player in NFL history and one more than any NFL franchise has achieved. Brady also extended his number of Super Bowl MVPs to 5.

Shortly after winning the game against the Chiefs, Brady’s former team, the New England Patriots, tweeted “Congratulations to the greatest of all time.” and followed that with “And Gronk, be careful with that…” alluding to the time when Gronkowski accidentally dent the Lombardi Trophy after the Patriots won Super Bowl 53.

The regular season is scheduled to begin on Thursday, September 9, 2021. Like every other season, it will last 5 months and conclude in February of 2022 at the Sofi Stadium, home of the Los Angeles Rams and the Los Angeles Chargers, for Super Bowl 56. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will hope to be able to retain the Lombardi Trophy at least one more time before both Gronkwoski and Brady inevitably retire.