Rosa replaces Rossa in Champions

- Arsenia Cabrera
Advertising

New Champions director Rosa Lopez gave students an insight into her plans for the new school year at Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School.
“My plan this year is to continue to provide enrichment activities for the students,” new Champions Director Rosa Lopez said. “I would like to help bring school spirit to the campus and student involvement.”
Jorge Herrera joins Lopez at APB Champions as the new site coordinator.
“I’m excited to meet the teachers and help students
Arsenia Cabrera
– Arsenia Cabrera Advertising New Champions director Rosa Lopez gave students an insight into her plans for the new school year at Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School. “My plan this year is to continue to provide enrichment activities for the students,” new Champions Director Rosa Lopez said. “I would like to help bring school spirit to the campus and student involvement.” Jorge Herrera joins Lopez at APB Champions as the new site coordinator. “I’m excited to meet the teachers and help students

New Champions director Rosa Lopez gave students an insight into her plans for the new school year at Ánimo Pat BrownCharter High School.

“I’m excited to meet the teachers and help students,” Herrera said.

As a new part of the APB community, he said he wants to collaborate with Champions by creating new events.

One of his goals is to help students feel more comfortable at APB especially freshmen who are new to the school.

He said one of his new ideas is to bring “open microphones” during activities in which students get to express themselves in any way they want.

Another idea he has is to bring lunch events where people get to perform and show of their talent.

Although many former students are familiar with  the program, there are some freshmen who have not yet heard about Champions.

Senior Yazmin Escalera who has worked with Champions in the past said she thinks it will be hard to get freshmen involved this year.

” I don’t know much about it, so I don’t think I would participate unless I get more information,” ninth grader Exsavier Maldonado said.

Even though many 9th graders aren’t as excited, many students look forward to the change and what it will bring in the following years.

Yazmin said she is sad about the old directors leaving but is excited for the new change.

“I don’t know much about the new Champions staff, but I can’t wait to see what they will bring to the table,” junior Cruz Contreras said. “I’m hoping for more than 3 dances.”