Scholarships Awards

The end of the year is wrapping up and the seniors are so close to graduation. Animo Pat Brown has the most students in all of green-dot that have received the most scholarships. A scholarship is money that schools give to students who will  be attending college and it does not have to be paid back. These students have worked so hard since the beginning and their hard work is finally being payed off. APB is proud and honored to have the following students in our school. Alvaro Quintero has received a scholarship and a full ride to any college he was accepted to. WOW! That is amazing, not only do we have students winning the most important scholarships, but we have students being accepted to ivy schools. A Ivy school is a group of eight old colleges and universities in the East, known for their ivy-covered brick buildings. The members of the Ivy League are Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Dartmouth College and the University of Pennsylvania. Jose Rodriguez was accepted to Yale University among other schools such as UC Berkeley. Alvaro Quintero was accepted to Harvard and Princeton. IMG_0353 (2)

The Edison Scholarship Program is a very difficult to receive; there are many applicants each year. This scholarship is only available for Southern California residents and for those majoring in science, math, chemistry, engineering, or computer science. You must be attending a 4 year college and have a  grade point average of 2.8 or higher. Also show financial need, if your parents make less than a certain amount you qualify.

Alvaro Quintero, a senior at APB, received this prestigious scholarship for $40,000. He was asked to
answer two questions; How he would give back to the community through this scholarship and what major he would pursue.

He was also asked to be very thorough with many details. Alvaro is only taking $20,000 because he has a full ride to college with expenses paid off. In an interview with Mr. Hartford, he told us that Alvaro has always been very confident since freshman year. He has enjoyed watching him grow in maturity and enjoyed seeing him learn about the different possibilities after high school. He’s watched how he shaped his path and what he wants to do after high school.

http://www.edison.com/home/community/edison-scholars.html

Jose Rodriguez, a senior at APB hasn’t received a scholarship yet, but has gotten a full ride to an ivy league school, Yale! He has patiently waited for his scholarship to come in. “Jose was under the radar” said Mr. Hartford “ Although his work was always high quality”.

20150518_130111Christopher Rodriguez, a senior at APB, received The College Match Scholarship. This scholarship is granted to low-income students providing comprehensive college access services. Christopher has been accepted to Vassar College in New York . Before applying to The College Match Scholarship information and requirements. In the beginning of freshman year, this wasn’t predictable. “Chris was a shy student in freshman year” said Mr. Hartford. “Then he became more confident in himself and also became more trusting in other people”.

Mr. Hartford’s advice for seniors is to have a plan to what happens when they start to worry if they believe they aren’t in the right place. To have someone students can go talk to, when the feeling of doubt starts to overwhelm them. It is normal to have moments of doubt, everyone goes through it. He also said not to get hanged up on the name of the college because 19 year old students will be the same everywhere.

The end of the year is wrapping up and the seniors are so close to graduation. Animo Pat Brown has the most students in all of green-dot that have received the most scholarships. A scholarship is money that schools give to students who will  be attending college and it does not have to be paid back. These students have worked so hard since the beginning and their hard work is finally being payed off. APB is proud and honored to have the following students in our school. Alvaro Quintero has received a scholarship and a full ride to any college he was accepted to. WOW! That is amazing, not only do we have students winning the most important scholarships, but we have students being accepted to ivy schools. A Ivy school is a group of eight old colleges and universities in the East, known for their ivy-covered brick buildings. The members of the Ivy League are Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Dartmouth College and the University of Pennsylvania. Jose Rodriguez was accepted to Yale University among other schools such as UC Berkeley. Alvaro Quintero was accepted to Harvard and Princeton.

Alvaro Quintero, a senior at APB, received this prestigious scholarship for $40,000. He was asked to answer two questions; How he would give back to the community through this scholarship and what major he would pursue.

Christopher Rodriguez, a senior at APB, received The College Match Scholarship. This scholarship is granted to low-income students providing comprehensive college access services. Christopher has been accepted to Vassar College in New York . Before applying to The College Match Scholarship information and requirements. In the beginning of freshman year, this wasn’t predictable. “Chris was a shy student in freshman year” said Mr. Hartford. “Then he became more confident in himself and also became more trusting in other people”.