Black Friday

People all over the United States tend to go Black Friday shopping after Thanksgiving. This is something that people all around the United States do after Thanksgiving sun rise. This is known as one of the wildest sales of the year where everything is more than 50% off.  Some people also see this as early Christmas shopping. People even camp out the same night or a few nights before outside of the stores to get a hold of the deals and also because the stores get ridiculous full of people. Most retailers in the U.S opened at 6 A.M. until 2011 ,when big retailers such as Walmart, Kohl’s, Target, Best Buy, and many more decided to open earlier at midnight(Wikipedia). Because of this, now most retailers open at midnight as well and several people camp out in order to have early access to the items for the holidays.

Although Black Friday shopping is a good thing for everyone, it can be very crazy and dangerous. Some people cause violence to happen, especially when there is only one product left of the merchandise and more than one person wants to obtain it. Catherine Rivera, Sophomore here at ABP, said a man pepper sprayed another man over an Xbox. Our technology teacher here at APB mentioned in the video that many people tend to even pass up being with their families to run and get stuff they want. Josue,another sophomore here at our school, said that he saw two men get into a fight over something they both saw, but there was only one. Students who attend school either get 2 days off or the whole week, which they take advantage of to go shopping on Black Friday. We asked many students at our school what stores they were looking forward to this year and the stores that were mentioned the most were Forever 21, Hollister, American Eagle, Urban Outfitters, H&M and Aeropostale.

Black Friday is usually the busiest shopping days the year. The stores will become a complete mess and there will be many people running around, some even going crazy. Its a rough day for the employees to keep up with every customer who walks in through that door.Every store you go to, there will be lots of people shopping.The lines will be up to hours and hours of wait. If you are the type of person who is inpatient or gets angry fast, this may not be the thing for you. People have to be on aware of what they are getting themselves into. So make sure the product you’re planning to get is worth it because its going to be a hassle if everyone is going for that product too.