The Start of the 2017-2018 NBA Season

TARRYTOWN, NY – AUGUST 11: Lonzo Ball #2, Josh Hart #5 and Kyle Kuzma #0 of the Los Angeles Lakers poses for a photo during the 2017 NBA Rookie Photo Shoot at MSG training center on August 11, 2017 in Tarrytown, New York. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Brian Babineau/Getty Images)

The NBA has had a crazy offseason with the new draftees looking promising and the many trades that occurred. Probably the biggest story in the offseason had to be about the Los Angeles Lakers and Lonzo Anderson Ball. There has been a lot of talk about Lonzo Ball’s unique and very boisterous father, Lavar Ball. Lavar Ball constantly talks nonsense saying things like “I could beat Michael Jordan in a 1 on 1” and “My son is already better than Stephen Curry”, and it has caused players like Patrick Beverley to show Lonzo Ball how the NBA plays the hard way.

In the season opener against the Clippers, Patrick Beverley kept Lonzo Ball to only 3 points, 4 assists, and 9 rebounds throughout the whole game. According to ESPN, Patrick Beverley was yelling “ weak ass m—— f——-, bring him out in the court with me and I will tear his ass up”.

Lonzo Ball also was called out by John Wall earlier this month after Lavar tweeted out “They better be aware ‘cause Lonzo ain’t losing again. Not in the same week!”. Marcin Gortat replied with, “man…pleaseeeeee!(John Wall) will torture him for 48 minutes”. When asked if he was going to show leniency to the 19 year old Lonzo Ball, John Wall said, “Nah, no mercy” despite his braggadocious father’s words. John Wall throughout the game only allowed Lonzo Ball to score 6 points shooting 2-11 from the field goal. 

The 19 year old is getting a lot of heat because of his rambunctious father, will this be a problem for Lonzo Ball or will he overcome this obstacle? The Los Angeles Lakers also drafted Kyle Kuzma, Thomas Bryant, and Josh Hart in the 2017 draft. Kyle Kuzma is already averaging 15.4 ppg and 6.3 rpg, showing that Lonzo Ball is not the only draft pick with potential. The Lakers are already making goals of getting to the playoffs, they have key players like Brandon Ingram and Julius Randle to make that happen. What is guaranteed is that the 2017-2018 season for the Lakers is going to be a season to remember.