R Kelly accused of sexual assault

Image result for r kelly accused of sexual assault 2019

Robert Sylvester Kelly also known as “R kelly” was born on January 8, 1967. He is a songwriter, american singer, record producer, and former basketball player who was married to Aaliyah Dana Haughton from 1994-1995. Aaliyah was also an American singer, actress and model who was just 15 years old when she illegally married 27 year old Kelly. Aaliyah died at the age of 22 in an aviation accident on August 25, 2001. Later then R Kelly got re-married  to Andrea Lee in 1996 until their divorce in 2009. Since the 1990’s, R Kelly has been facing accusations of sexual misconduct. At the age of 33, R Kelly was using his fame to get to meet 15 year olds at his old high school, Kenwood Academy, located on Chicago South Side where he allegedly used the 15 year old girls to have sex with him which started an investigation but dropped it due to the girls not being cooperative. On June 5, 2002, R Kelly was charged with 21 counts of child pornography related to sex tapes, including 7 counts each of directing the tape, producing the video and taking advantage of an underage girl into performing illegal acts. This led him to go to trial on May 2008 in Chicago. All charges were combined and added up for  him to face 15 years in prison. Later on in June, 2008, R Kelly was free from all counts due to the girl from the sex tape and her parents never going to the police station to testify. On July 17, 2017, a young woman “J” who met Kelly when she was 19, was drawn into a group of women living and being controlled by him. It was a group of women who knew the singer well: Cheryl Mack who was a personal assistant starting 2013, as well as Kitti Jones, Asante Mcgee and 2 of Kelly’s exes who lived with him. They all said that Kelly controlled every action of their life such as, what they eat, when they shower, what to wear, when they sleep and how they engage in sexual activities that he records. Jones also said that he used to beat her she was 33 years old and Mcgee was 35 when they met Kelly. He then released the song, “I admit” but admitted nothing. Andre Kelly, who is Kelly’s ex-wife, accused him of physical abuse she stated that he abused her physically in many occasions, including choking her and hit her when she asked for a divorce so she had to get a restraining order back in 2005. She has considered suicide while being with him. On January 3rd, 2019, Kitti Jones tells her story in docuseries, “Surviving R-Kelly” which sums up of all the victims who took a while to speak up about them being abused by the singer R Kelly and now are called “survivors”. R Kelly has currently been arrested he was provided with a 100,000 dollar bond but refused to pay. He’s lawyer has mentioned that Kelly will stay behind bars until Monday or Tuesday. The sheriff’s website say that Kelly is in division 8. We currently interviewed a 10th grader who used to listen to R Kelly songs he states “He should be in jail because he deserves it” His opinion about him not being able to pay a hundred thousand dollars is that “that’s good he should stay behind bars”. “After what I heard about his documentary of him sexually abusing under age females his music to me was disturbing to hear so I stopped listening to it”. (States Anthony Garcia)