Dead Rising 3 Review

Dead Rising 3 is a third-person action-adventure game developed by Capcom who was also responsible for the Mega Man, Street-Fighter and Resident Evil series. It is actually the 6th installment in the series and the only good modern Dead Rising game. Dead Rising 3 takes place in the fictional city of Los Perdidos, California 10 years after the events of the second game. The game begins three days after the zombie outbreak after a failed attempt to contain it. You assume the role of Nick Ramos, a young mechanic who attempts to survive the zombie outbreak and the military “silencing” any survivors.

The game controls keep with the Dead Rising tradition. The sticks to move/look around, A to jump, X to basic attack, B to interact, Y for heavy attack, LB to sprint, RB to open inventory, LT to aim and RT to fire.

The difficulty is very easy. If you have played a Dead Rising game, then you essentially know what to do and how to handle situations.

Since it was one of the launch titles, the game was attempting to show off the capabilities of the Xbox One and it’s Kinect. The game has an optional Kinect feature that allows you to shout into it to attract nearby zombies or to navigate through the menus (if you are too damn lazy to use the control). It also uses special Xbox Smartglass features which allows access to exclusive missions (not even worth it).

The game revolves around a countdown timer. If the timer runs out before you finish the main missions, then you fail the game. You need to do the main missions before time runs out in order to beat the game while side mission are optional.

In short, the game was similar to the others but allowed more multiplayer options due to the more advanced console it is running on.