“Kimi no Na Wa”: One of the Best Movies Ever Created

By: Alize Centeno

There’s something about this film that makes you want to go back again and again. I’ve never in my life watched a movie more than once, until I saw this film. I was blown away by this anime film, emotionally as well as visually. I was left astonished after watching it for the first time. Makoto Shinaki’s heartwarming romance animated film “Kimi no Na Wa” also known as “Your Name” focuses on the characters Taki, a teenage boy from Tokyo, and Mitsuha, a teenage girl from a small town. One day, Mitsuha awakens in a room that is not her own and suddenly finds herself living the dream life in Tokyo, but in Taki’s body! Elsewhere, Taki finds himself living Mitsuha’s life in the humble countryside. In pursuit of an answer to this strange phenomenon, they begin to search for one another as they start to build a connection and communicate by leaving notes and messages. “Your Name” revolves around Mitsuha and Taki’s actions which begin to have a dramatic impact on each other’s lives.

Your Name Movie Posters From Movie Poster Shop

“Your Name” wasn’t just a movie, it was an experience and a masterpiece. It tickles you first with a laugh, then leaves you wondering what is going to happen next. The anticipation just makes you bite on your fingernails. Every element of this  movie whether it was the narration, characters, visuals, soundtracks, or the story, made a  perfect blend for a movie worth watching. The movie is so beautifully depicted. Every little detail is taken into account and the soundtracks complement each scene perfectly that it takes the movie to a different level. It delivers so much that you will get caught up wondering why you hadn’t seen it much sooner. The characters were loveable and the chemistry between the main characters was great which is why it hits harder as you get closer to the ending. I felt what they felt. At the end of the movie I had nothing but tears in my eyes and my heart was somewhat heavy with emotions but the ending song just filled me with joy. 

“Your Name” is the first anime film I ever watched. Before watching this film, I always looked at anime as a type of art style I would never be interested in. This film successfully sold me and changed my view about anime films as a whole. “Your Name” is a classic coming of age story with a fun fantasy twist that is one hundred percent worth watching.