APB Gets Ready for a Halloween Dance

Ashley Lopez
Student council created story advertising the dance

On October 27, the student council organized the first school dance of the year. The Dance is going to be located in the Gym, in order for students to participate in the dance Student Council organize a raffle for the opportunity to win 2 tickets for Universal Studios Horror Nights. 

To enter the raffle students need to pay $3. The tickets started selling on October 12, and they will stop selling on the 27. The tickets would be selling during lunch, in front of the gate doors, there are also students around the school selling. When getting tickets you are automatically participating in the raffle. 

The winners would be announced on the same day of the dance. The winners would have to attend Horror nights Saturday, October 28, 2023. Horror Nights features haunted houses, scare zones, and live entertainment, based on popular horror movies and shows. 

Kimberly Menjlar has been the one in charge of the dance. Her and the student council team have been working together to organize the event since the start of the semester. 

The budget for our school dance is still pending as we are still getting decorations and finalizing purchases,” Menjivar said. “We are going to use the money made at the dance for future events and the senior package.”

Students from all grades have been buying tickets. Student council has been using posters and flyers to promote the event, which it has worked on.

“I’m excited to go to the dance, it’s better than being at home” Juan Esquivedo said.