Tension with North Korea grows

The weapons being used by North Korea

Every year the United States and South Korea perform military drills together in case of a North Korean invasion.

The past of North Korea and South Korea has been full of tension ever since they divided, and these two have always been in the state of war although not an official war.

Until recently, North Korea’s young leader, Kim Jong-un, threatens the United States by conducting nuclear tests that could affect the electronic computer circuits and the peace of a nuclear war being disturbed if the United States and South Korea didn’t stop these joint military drills.

Although North Korea has already nuclear weapons within their hands, the possibility of accurately reaching the United States remains low.

What seems to concern the United States are the rapid improvements of technology and soon nuclear missiles that could potentially harm the United states.

Not only has North Korea threatened the United States but also South Korea and Japan. North Korea threatened that to attack the United States with an armed missile if it does not stop investigating in the nuclear tests conducted and also into the missile technology.

The intentions of North Korea’s young leader in being a nuclear threat to the world is unknown.

The Pentagon believes that the reason of imposing this threat is to counter technologically superior forces.

Many of the advances in nuclear weapons in North Korea are increasing but many believe there is little chance that those nuclear weapons will reach the United States, there maintains a “low reliability.”

These nuclear actions challange United States and South Korea’s alliance.

But the secretness in North Korea’s nuclear advances are hard to be exact because it makes it difficult for Western Intelligence Agency to know what is occurring in North Korea’s facilities.

The response of the United states is that the Pentagon will “beef up” the missile defenses in the military base in Alaska.

As many of the actions of the young leader, it demonstrates how Kim Jong-un if following his fathers’, Kim Jong II, diplomacy but harsher although the country remains low in resources.

North Korea seems to convince the people of agreeing to the nuclear actions by utilizing propaganda.

Not only being a threat to the other foreign countries but also to its people who day by day die from the lack of resources, malnutrition, disease, etc.

On May 7, 2013 North Korea had threatened the United States including South Korea as well, over naval drills that were supposed to take place in the that week.

Recently though after the threat, two Musudan missiles were removed from the east coast of North Korea that were ready to be launched as the young leader of North Korea had threatened with the tough use of rhetoric.

If the missile were to be launched it could cause more tension in the Korean peninsula.

North Korea took a step back on the rhetorical threats and high escalation in tension by removing the two missiles that were ready to be launched as Kim Jong-un had threatened both the United States and South Korea.

North Korea’s leader has created propaganda to create the thought of the United States and South Korea being the cause and intriguers in this nuclear conflict.

Many of the people there, since long ago, are told not to doubt what North Korea’s leader says, therefore, no pupil there knows what actually occurs just what they are told.

This propaganda is Kim Jong-un’s weapon to have the people of North Korea agree with the leaders nuclear threat actions against both the United States and South Korea.

North Korea teaches its people to always be prepared for war or even a nuclear war through this propaganda, and they have no choice but to agree and not opposition if they value their life and family.

There are different thoughts about whether this nuclear war or war at all would occur.

“I doubt that this conflict would convert into a full scale war because many years North Korea has shown tough rhetoric to create a war but it hasn’t officially happened so like all those many occurances I think it’s a bluff from North Korea,” says Freshman Noemi Cuchillo.

Although North Korea’s possibility of actually nuking the United States are low, there are also possibilities it can occur if their technology develops quickly.

“I believe that it this conflict can and might turn into a war between the United States and South Korea against North Korea and its alliances. We shouldn’t underestimate what North Korea is capable of for the reason that there are still possibilities that it can occur,” said Junior Lucia Gutierrez.

Yes, there still are possibilities that North Korea could have the technology to nuke the United States.

There aren’t assurances that North Korea’s leader Kim Jong-un can’t nuke either South Korea or the United States, there are just possibilities.

“The United States shouldn’t try to stay allied to South Korea and keep performing the joint military drills if it leads to conflict and sooner or later a war that could end up being inevitable. This could lead to a drastic consequence, including the fact that America has no resources and the economy is destroyed,” said Junior Ashley Lemus.
The United States economy hasn’t been doing very well in the past couple of years and a war debt could have drastic results for the economy and the United States itself.

“There shouldn’t be an alliance of any sort if it causes conflict between other nations because it could drag America to war unwillingly,” said Junior Oscar Osorio.

It is questionable if it is appropiate for the United States to have alliances with other nations if it is not in a stable moment to be prepared for tension which would lead to war and furthermore, a bigger debt.

North Korea’s nuclear diplomacy that has been handed down from Kim Jong-un’s father has been brought up to this day which had created conflict which can hurt either nation, the United States, South Korea, or even North Korea.

The nuclear diplomacy and programs have had history since decades ago which have built up to this drastic point.

“I doubt that this could lead to much more than just harsh rhetoric from either nation. I don’t believe that this can transform into a full scale war because North Korea has had conflict with many nations and I doubt that this can become a war North Korea knowing it’s not in the right circumstances,” said Junior Crystal Simpson.

The abilities of North Korea having the right advanced technology to nuke the United States has been debatable.

But on the other hand, North Korea’s technology has advanced plenty throughout the years although it does not have the same resources as other nations do.

Knowing if the conflict would and will lead to a war between these nations can’t be known until later.

North Korea might be ready or might not to actually have a full scale war with the United States allied with South Korea.