Movies for Summer 2013

The Heat

The heat is about an FBI agent and a Boston cop are force to join forces in order to capture a drug dealer while they are conflicted by their incompatible personalities and struggle to get along. Their mission brings them together and an unexpected friendship occurs. As they work together they come across very interesting and hilarious events. For example when FBI Special Agent Sarah Ashburn and Shannon Mullins go to a bar and have too much to drink they start to dance with strangers and things get to the point where they collide their beers and Shannon faints.

This Is The End

How better can a movie get? This Is The End has it all, funny characters that actually play themselves in the real world as celebrities. This Is The End starts out at a huge party at James Franco’s house, this involving almost every celebrity known, people like Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Michael Cera, and special appearances from Emma Watson, Rihanna, Kevin Hart, and many more. Soon the party is interrupted by a series of strange catastrophic events devastating the city of Los Angeles. Running low on resources 6 friends are forced to leave the house and face their fate.

World War Z is the story centers on the aftermath of a war fought against a legion of humansafflicted with a virus, after they died they came back as flesh-eating zombies. The surviving humans get together to hatch a plan to try and stop the war that would destroyed every country around the globe. Its a difficult goal to accomplish since there are millions of zombies.

In order to make their goal possible Gerard Lane (Brad Pitt) is recruited. Gerardis put in a difficult position when he has to choose between being with his family and protecting them or being out there in the war and protecting other humans. We expect this movie to be filled with suspense.

After Earth

After a violent and sudden change in the earth’s crust humans were force to leave Earth and live in Nova Prime. Nova Prime became humanity’s home. After legendary general cypher Raige (Will Smith) and his 13-year-old son, Kitai’s (Jaden Smith) spaceship crashes on Earth they come across unknown territory with terrifying creatures that are common to today’s time but they have evolved into huge amazing monsters that are capable of killing humans. Due to their craft crashing Kitai’s father is hurt with a broken leg and is unable to go with Kitai to get the rescuing beacon. It is up to Kitai to recover their rescue beacon across the other side of their ship. He is given a high tech backpack that has a camera and gear that changes color according to the weather temperature. Kitai has always wanted to be a soldier just like his father and now is the time to prove himself.

The Great Gatbsy

Nick Carraway tells us about his 1922 spring in New York City ,an era in which morals are loosen and bootleggers rule.Gatsby is Nick’s mysterious neighbor who throws lashes parties and who lives in the enormous mansion next to Nick. Gatsby turns out to beNick’s cousin, Daisy, first love. Things get heated up when Gatsby and Daisy reunite since Daisy is married to Tom Bucanan. When Nick, Gatsby, Baker, Daisy and Tom go to a hotel Daisy is placed in a position where she has to choose between Gatsby and Tom. The confrontation leads to events full of intense which will surprise you. In the Great Gatsby there is corruption, betrayal, and death involve. Gatsby’s wealth comes from his corrupt job as a bootlegger, Daisy and Tom betray each other by being unfaithful, and Myrtle’s death is a shocking event.

I personally loved the movie because it contains everything in the book the only difference is that the viewer gets a more visible picture of all the events. It is astonishing the way you are able to see Gatsby’s enormous parties come to life, the humongous mansions , and the crazy era they live in. You feel like you are part of the movie in every dramatic event that occurs. For those who have not read the book they are able to know and understand Gatsby and his real motives for throwing his luxurious parties. They also get to feel the sympathy and passion the Great Gatsby brings to the screen.

The Fast And The Furious

Dominic Toretto and Brian O’ Conner and the restof the crew find themselves in the wrong side of the law again as they are forced to work together with former enemy federal agent Luke Hobbs, in order to catch a team of highly coordinated drivers that are terrorizing and making a name for themselves in the streets of Europe. In my opinion Fast and The Furious 6 was spectacular. I can definitely say that this movie had everything, from thrilling non stop action to some hilarious scenes. From the very start of the movie, I knew that this was going to be an exciting ride. Fast and the furious 6 takes place a couple of days after the fifth movie ended, it shows how great the lives of Brian O’Connor, Dominic Torreto and the rest of the crew have been doing during those first few weeks of being millionaires and how they seem “free” but not really since they are all still fugitives. Luke Hobbs(Dwayne Johnson) is having trouble bringing down a group of highly skilled drivers causing trouble in Europe. Hobbs goes to find Dom and asks for his help and his team, Dom’s ex-girlfriend is part of the team who is causing trouble in Europe, both make a deal, if Dom’s team helps to take down the bad guys for Hobbs then Letty is allowed to go free, if they can find her; Hobbs accepts the deal. I can almost guarantee that this movie is the best of all six. Although it has less racing, this movie is packed with action, shooting, destroying, and a tank! Yes a tank! it was such an entertaining movie that i even felt motivated to go out in the streets and street race my self and cause destruction and chaos like. THIS MOVIE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO WATCH