Is Stephen Curry too Good?

Is Stephen Curry too Good?

Is Stephen Curry too Good?

By Esteban and Gerardo

“Curry, way downtown BANG BANG, oh what a shot from Curry” those were the exact words of Mike Breen as Curry hit a game-winning shot against the Thunder that tied a record of most three-pointers made in a game. From his half court shots to his game winners, Steph Curry is redefining the definition of what is means to be a great shooter in the NBA. He is already being considered one of the greatest shooters of all time. He already has accomplished winning a championship, being MVP, and is currently setting a new record of most three pointers made in a season, which he held previously.

He made his 300th three-pointer this season which sets a new record in the NBA, and probably the most shocking part is that a quarter of the season is still left. Other great shooters like Ray Allen, who made 269, does not compare to the number of three-pointers made by Curry this season. Curry has the ability to shoot off the dribble, create space, and it seems that he also has limitless range. Almost every night there is a highlight of him making a deep three to end the quarter. Analysts have compared his shooting from deep to the classic skyhook due to the fact that Curry shoots over seven footers who can not block him. Mr. Brown, P.E teacher, said, “the fact that someone his height could dominate the game that easily amazes me.” Furthermore, Brian Rivas, basketball player at APB said, “Curry is amazing because he could do everything, and I was amazed with his game tying three to force overtime in the playoffs last year.” Curry continues to display his ball handling skills which draw in big crowds before the actual game starts.

Curry is so good that NBA 2k16 developers do not know how to match his stats, skills, and range in their game. In the game Steph Curry is not the player who knocks down deep threes with precision, many users believe that he is broken. As a matter of fact, the real Steph Curry is better than the virtual one because developers feel that he will be used as a cheat code, so he is nerfed in the game.

The rise of Steph Curry also brings a new era in the NBA. In the last 5 years, Lebron James has dominated the NBA, but his loss last year illustrates that his time is running out to be a champion again. To add on, many fans are hopping on the Warrior’s bandwagon as seen by the increase of Warrior fans here at APB. Furthermore, former MVP Kevin Durant, who has yet to win a championship, might be seeing his time to win a ring is running out. Curry and the Warriors are without a doubt the greatest threat to these players. The Thunder already got swept by the Warriors, and the Cavaliers have yet to beat them this season. Theresa Rodriguez, a senior and on girl’s basketball team said, “ Curry can not be stopped.”

Curry is leading the Warriors with a remarkable season and probably will be voted MVP again; the Warriors are currently on track to beat the 96’ Bulls record of 72 wins and 10 losses.

Mr. Brown stated “It depends on the coach because he might rest some players at the end of the season before playoffs.” Warriors are currently 57-6. Curry is facing critics such as NBA legend Oscar Robertson who believes that Curry is only doing well because of the era he is playing in. At the start of Curry’s career, he was criticized by many due to the fact that his ankle injuries sidelined him, and they thought he was not worth a contract with the Warriors, but today he is making his own history in the NBA.