Simpsons Predictions

Simpsons+Predictions

By: J. Felix Pacheco

The Simpsons, for many, is their favorite show, or by opinion, the funniest. It has many subliminal messages and remarks that are from the real world, but hidden messages not just what the Simpsons has to offer. Somehow, they seem to have predicted many things that have happened today. For example, in 2002 there was an episode of a rock band with shirts that said, “guitar hero”. 3 years later, the first Guitar Hero game was released. This is just one out of more than 20 predictions done by the Simpsons. In 1999 they predicted that a tomato exposed to radiation changed to different colors and it was not until 2013 that a tomato, exposed to radiation, had a variety of different colors. In 2008 Homer goes to vote and he has to use a new touch screen to tap on his elections. Then, in 2012, the first touch screen voting system was made. The Simpsons also predicted that so foods would be contaminated with horse meat. Then later, news in Europe said that some of their meat was, tested positive to have horse meat in it. All of these are small and pretty irrelevant predictions, because I mean, do you really care about a big rainbow tomato? Or a little bit of horse meat on your burger? The Simpsons biggest prediction till this day, is the prediction of a president. Donald Trump was predict to be president in 2000 and is now currently our couch bag of a president. A photo of Trump in a casket in a Simpsons episode was all over social media this past year and everyone was and some are still hoping that it turns into reality. I hate to bring it to you guys but, the photo is a hoax, Simpsons can’t make their magic.