NBA Playoffs 2016 Predictions

160413134216-playoffs-2016-official-t1-creative.home-t1

By Kayla Gonzalez and Erik Reyes

The NBA Playoffs have been stirring a lot of excitement now that the team for the Western Conference maybe Oklahoma City Thunder however, its seems very blurry for the Eastern side. At the beginning of the playoffs, it was somewhat clear that the Warriors and the Cavaliers were on the course for the NBA Finals however, much has happened to change that prediction.

For the Eastern side, the Raptors have showed great victories over both the Pacers and Heat to reach the conference finals for the first time in franchise history. Game 3 gave the Toronto Raptors a bit of momentum despite the fact that the Cavaliers had won their first 10 games of the playoffs heading into Game 3. After losing the first two games of the series, Raptors gave an excellent effort on Saturday, DeMar DeRozan made 32-points and Bismack Biyombo had made 26 rebounds and 4 blocks. However, many might agree that the toughness and grit of the LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love is too much for the Raptors to handle. Will the Thunder and the Raptors be able to make it to the NBA Finals?

With the facts presented before us, some students and teachers have their own opinions as to who will face off in the last game and who will ultimately win. Kevin Hernandez, a senior at Animo Pat Brown and Captain of the Basketball Team, says “Thunder and Cavs will face off with Thunder untimely being the Championship winners.”  On the other hand, Sigi Soto, senior, believes it will ultimately be Warriors vs. Raptors with the Raptors winning the NBA Championship. “I feel like the Raptors are more composed than the Cavs. The Warriors are lacking crucial players that would otherwise change the outcome” he said.

The image below presents various students’ and staff predictions of which two teams will compete in the NBA Finals.

meta-chart