Zack Galifianakis’ farce interview with President Barack Obama

Zack Galifianakis farce interview with President Barack Obama

Comedian Zack Galifianakis published another farce interview on March 13,2014 with his unexpected guest, President Barack Obama ,”Between Two Ferns with Zack Galifianakis “, on the Funny or Die website. The purpose of the interview was to talk about Obama’s health care plan, a.k.a ObamaCare.

The distinct style that Galifianakis expresses the subject is in a very humorous manner, which caused 8 million people to join the website once they watched the interview. Obama’s purpose to be in the interview was not only to make Americans join the plan, but to get access to people who don’t usually listen to presidential announcements and hear what he has to say.

Even though the video may seem like Galifianakis lacks attention and disrespects President Obama, keep in mind that it is only a farce, or a fake humorous play, to catch the attention of young Americans so they can sign up for ObamaCare if they haven’t already.

But not many agree with the way that Obama chose to decide to promote the plan. Some say that it was very unprofessional to do. Brian O’Riley, anchorman for Fox News, states ,”Using a comedic web site to enroll people is a little bit desperate, don’t you think?”. O’Riley also states “I don’t really have a problem with it, in general, but I believe the timing hurts President Obama. The economy continues to be problamatic..”. What O’Riley is referring to here is that the video was posted during the tensions between Ukraine and Russia. Finally, he quotes, “Abe Lincoln would not have done it.” Just keep in mind that when Abraham Lincoln was president, ~1860, there was no technology. Therefore, there was no television, internet, cameras, Zack Galifianakis, or the Funny or Die website. So no, Abraham Lincoln would have certainly not have done a farce interview.

Between Two Ferns with Zack Galifianakis: President Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnW3xkHxIEQ

Bill O’Riley Attacks Obama on Funny or Die skit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2eDuFxKpRk