The next step in life

The next step in life

grads

As the school year is coming to an end freshman, sophomores, and juniors are all finishing a page in their chapter. But most importantly the seniors are moving on to college which closes an entire chapter in their book and are ready to commence a new one. Everyone knows that to be successful in life one must construct a strong foundation that will withstand any obstacle or struggle that is put to test. What APB has done for us is create such foundation, they have empowered us with the ability to fill our minds with essential knowledge that will ultimately lead us to a successful life. Our APB family is build up of overachieving scholars that have an incisive focus in our education and success.

Meanwhile everyone is dealing and stressing over finals they are also enthusiastic because they know that the work they are putting in will all be worth it benefiting them and preparing them for college. As there are many paths after high school the seniors of APB each are heading to one of those paths. According to a few interviews some students are going to community college while others are en route to attending Cal State Universities.

Jose Ron(APB Senior) plans on attending Cerritos Community College not certain about what major he wishes to study. Ron explains,”The thing that I will miss the most will be the friends I’ve made here and also the great teachers that pushed me to excel.”He also stated, “I would like to them to know that I am very grateful  for everything they’ve done for us”. As Ron acknowledges the teachers Im sure everyone would like to thank them for being there and helping when needed. Lastly Ron emphasizes to juniors who will be seniors in the fall “You gotta keep your eyes on the prize!” Another APB senior will be attending a Cal State Universities says,”I will miss my friends who’ve pushed me to try my best.” Claudia Ramirez plans on attending CSULA  and she is majoring in nursing after becoming a registered nurse  she plans on going back to school to become a pediatrician. To recognize the teachers Claudia says,”I want to thank them for helping me whenever I needed it!” Lastly she suggests to the juniors,”Don’t procrastinate and do your homework.” On the other hand if you are a junior I highly recommend that you don’t take advice lightly because when you hit senior year thats when everything becomes real.

Furthermore, when I interviewed Ms.Robson who is the ERWC and also the drama teacher what advice she gave to seniors going off to college she had very inspirational words to say, Ms.Robson affirms,”Live it up because after college life gets real!!!” When Ms.Robson says “life gets real” she doesn’t mean that high school is not real and that it doesn’t count however she means that responsibility becomes extremely important. I also want to say that it does become more difficult because you no longer have your parents to rely on or your teachers to help you out. College seems difficult however everyone is capable and has the opportunity to do so so you should never feel low about yourself!