New Restaurant in Watts: Locol

By MIguel Verduzco, Cindy Gonzalez , Jasmin Corona
Locol

Roy Choi’s new restaurant in Watts

Roy Choi

Roy Choi, a South Korean-American chef is the creator of the Korean taco truck named Kogi. He was born in South Korea and raised in Los Angeles, where he still resides. He has now recently opened a new fast food restaurant in Watts. The grand opening of Locol took place on January 18, 2016 and had customers lining up to the corner outside. Locol’s staff only prepares the food with fresh ingredients. Choi caters to his customers 100%.

Their menu is very different than any other menu. They have burgs, which are burgers. They have four type of  burgers: cheese, fried chicken, bbq turkey, and veggie cheese burgers at the cost of $4 each.

Bowls, which are noodles, stew, and salad at the cost of $6 each. They have crushed tofu and veggies stew, messy beef chili bowl, and bulgar language, a salad with green goddess ( a creamy dressing), and croutons.

Foldies, which are burritos that are $2 each. They have different types of burritos such as carnitas, bean n cheese, bbq turkey, and machaca.

Brekkies which are small snacks such as french toast holes ($2 each)  and yogurt ($3).   One thing that’s different about this menu is they do not have soda. They have coffee and aguas frescas, fresh waters for $1 each.

These foods are very affordable and healthy for you. This restaurant has received several outstanding reviews for their freshly made food and still has customers waiting outside for their food.

Eva, a worker at Locol, mentioned that she loves working there because it reveals a friendly environment and atmosphere. She also said how the chefs and customers are also very friendly and it is a pleasant experience to be taught how to prepare dishes “I tried the food myself and I can honestly say I like their food and not only because I work there”. She explained how the customers constantly post their food on social media and share how delicious their food is, for the low price. “I encourage people to try our food, you won’t regret it, I promise you the line is worth the wait. Chef Roy and Patterson and super friendly and honestly love what they do”.

After looking into this restaurant, we, the writers highly recommend trying out their scrumptious dishes.