Volleyball Monarchs

20130909_123131.jpg

Volleyball season has just begun and so far the only student from APB that is in the team is Senior Maribel Morales. Last years volleyball team was very competitive, lets see how competitive this years team is.

Senior Maribel Morales says, ” I am really looking forward to improving my skills and having fun.” Improving her skills makes her a much competitive player. What made Maribel join volleyball again this year was her memorable moments of playing volleyball with her dad as a kid.

Although improving her skills is a challenge and takes time, there is also school to deal with. “It is hard to manage my time as both an athlete and a student, but it’s my second year in volleyball so I know how to manage my time better” Morales said. Athletes also have to make time to concentrate in school as well with the sports/ activities they’re in.
     Maribel stated that her training schedule has been an everyday basis so far. But what keeps her motivated to keep impelling is that, she gets to spike the ball over the net and have fun conversing with her team mates. The first volleyball pregame was Monday September 9. Unfortunately the Monarchs faced a downfall and lost the pregame to Annenberg, 3-0.
        Maribel’s advice to future volleyball players is to try and not give up, have fun, and not be scared.
      So if you’re a future volleyball player don’t be intimidated.